Education for Ministry (EfM)
Every baptized person is called to ministry. The Education for Ministry (EfM) program provides people with the education to carry out that ministry. During the Rite of Confirmation and Renewal of Baptismal Vows we ask God to "Renew in these your servants the covenant you made with them at Baptism. Send them forth in the power of the Spirit to perform the service you set before them" (BCP p. 418). EfM offers an opportunity to discover how to respond to the call to Christian service.
For the 2021-2022 year, our texts are:
- Year 1: A Short Introduction to the Hebrew Bible by John J. Collins and The Hebrew Bible: Feminist & Intersectional Perspectives edited by Gale Yee
- Year 2: Introducing the New Testament by Mark Allan Powell and What Are Biblical Values? by John J. Collins
- Year 3: Christianity: The First Three Thousand Years by Diarmaid MacCulloch
- Year 4: Theology: A Very Short Introduction by David F. Ford, Mysteries of Faith by Mark McIntosh, The Christian Moral Life by Timothy F. Sedgwick, and My Neighbor's Faith edited by Jennifer Howe Peace, Or N. Rose, & Gregory Mobley
- Common Texts for all years: Reading & Reflection Guide, The Dream of God by Verna Dozier, and The Church Cracked Open by Stephanie Spellers.