Join an Outreach Activity
As part of St. Matthew’s commitment to Outreach, we continually seek to promote, organize and engage in a variety of ministries that will allow our fellow parishioners to best utilize their individual talents as well as enrich the time shared with those in need. In addition to providing financial and in-kind support to 20 social service agencies, Outreach also offers opportunities for a ‘hands-on’ experience.
- To learn more about the Outreach Committee, please contact Steve Pettit
- More informaiton on specific hands-on volunteer opportunities that are needed for current projects are listed here.
- To volunteer to assist with a specific agency project or Outreach project, contact any of the committee member listed on this page (to the right).
- Covenant to Care's "Adopt a Social Worker Program"
- Habitat for Humanity
- The annual Outreach Fair is a "meet and greet" occasion to learn about the social service agences that benefit from the work of the St. Matthew's community through our time, talent and treasure as seen through our volunteering and financially assistance via the Outreach Committee. While you may be aware of these agencies, this is a unique opportunity for these organizations to share their mission and programs with our entire parish family. The Wilton Bulletin published an article our about our September 2012 Outreach Fair.
- The Tagless Sale is a time that St. Matthew's invites its members to donate household and clothing items to be offered freely to those in need. Social service agencies send their clients to "shop for free" at our huge "tagless" sale that we offer on the church grounds.
- Thursday Lunch Club (TLC) offers a luncheon to seniors in the Wilton community several times a year as a time for fellowship, conversation and meal cooked by our volunteers.
- Edwards Chest: Each month a local service agency is chosen as the recipient of donated food, clothing and soft good items that would benefit their clients. Donations are collected in the receptacle located inside the entrance to the Church’s Narthex. Items needed will be listed in the weekly bulletin and can be found listed here.
- Gifts of Christmas
- Christmas Gifts for Children: Benefits Children's Connection and Wilton Social Services
- Seniors Holiday Gift Program
- Thanksgiving/Holiday Baskets